IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/11/14 01:09 PM
Where were you when you heard thirteen years ago?

It's weird to me because at the same time it seems like 9/11 happened a lifetime ago and also like it was yesterday. A though crossed my mind today that for my step-kids who are 12 and 14 the idea of terrorism is a normal thing. They have no idea of what that event meant to my generation. That for the first time there was a major attack on our citizens on our soil.

Until I pass, or if my mind is taken by something like Alzheimers, I WILL NEVER FORGET. I was talking to my staff when we got here this morning and we were discussing and relieving all those terrible feelings we had that day. Disbelief, fright, rage, horror all coursing through at the same time. And then later when I saw the footage of people cheering that cowardly act in other countries I was filled with rage. Then I heard that there were those cheering it here on OUR soil. I hope those people are either not on our soil or under it. As you can see some (a lot) of that rage still remains. There are a number of people in this world that would like nothing better than to do that to us over and over again. We are at war whether the present POTUS and MSM wants to acknowledge it or not.
NEVER FORGET and do your best to teach the next generation to understand that we are still under attack.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5